Sex offender arrested for failing to non-registration
June 25, 2007
A Carson City sheriff’s detective arrested a 42-year-old man Monday morning for allegedly failing to register as a sex offender.
According to a sheriff’s report, Detective Bob Motamenpour arrested Alex Steven Varner in an apartment on Hot Springs Road after looking for him for several days.
Varner was convicted of fourth-degree criminal sexual contact with a minor in New Mexico in August 2003 and had registered in that state in August 2004 and December 2006.
He was living there with his girlfriend and a male juvenile, the report said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Teri Vance: Fundraisers to help families of rollover victims