Sheriff confirms investigation involving Carson City counseling center
September 6, 2013
Sheriff Ken Furlong confirmed there is an investigation involving allegations of improper activities at a Carson City counseling center.
He said Thursday that the investigation involves a man who worked for the Family Guidance and Wellness Network on Carson Street for what he termed unwanted or inappropriate behavior.
Investigators have filed no charges and haven't determined whether there was illegal activity, Furlong said, adding that beyond that, he can't comment on an ongoing investigation.
A spokesman for the Attorney General's Office said that, despite one media report, there is no investigation by that office involving the center.
He said any criminal conduct there likely would be the responsibility of local law enforcement, not the state.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Carson City officials recognized for mental health efforts
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office