Sheriff investigating case involving toddler
November 13, 2012
An 18-month-old child is on life support, after he was found breathing but unresponsive Saturday.
The 911 call came in around 5 p.m. and the fire department responded, Sheriff Ken Furlong said.
The child was found by his father’s girlfriend who became concerned because the child was unresponsive. She called him and once he arrived at the house, they made the emergency call.
The child was originally taken to the Carson-Tahoe Regional Medical Center but then transported to the Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno.
Both the father of the child and the girlfriend are cooperating with the sheriff’s office, Furlong said.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water