Sheriff investigating case involving toddler
November 13, 2012
An 18-month-old child is on life support, after he was found breathing but unresponsive Saturday.
The 911 call came in around 5 p.m. and the fire department responded, Sheriff Ken Furlong said.
The child was found by his father’s girlfriend who became concerned because the child was unresponsive. She called him and once he arrived at the house, they made the emergency call.
The child was originally taken to the Carson-Tahoe Regional Medical Center but then transported to the Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno.
Both the father of the child and the girlfriend are cooperating with the sheriff’s office, Furlong said.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’