May 16, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 56-year-old construction worker from Carson City was arrested at 10:15 p.m. Sunday on Edmonds Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving and failure to maintain lane. Bail was set at $2,739.
• A 21-year-old unemployed Carson City man was arrested at 5:25 p.m. Sunday on North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor malicious destruction of property and petty larceny.
• A 47-year-old welder from Carson City was arrested at 9:32 p.m. Sunday in the 3700 block of Imperial Lane on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery and drawing a weapon in a threatening manner. Bail was set at $4,264.
• Richard Dean Scheffelman, 43, a painter from Reno, was arrested at 8:17 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of West Winnie Lane on suspicion of sex offender failure to change address, felony possession of methamphetamine and indecent exposure. A tenant in a nearby apartment complex noticed Scheffelman sitting in his vehicle since 10 a.m. When a deputy went to talk to him, Scheffelman was allegedly touching himself. He was released from prison April 4 after serving time on drug charges out of Clark County.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
Recommended Stories For You
• A girls’ bike was found in a park in the 1000 block of Sonoma Street at 7:17 p.m. Sunday.
• Surveillance video at Carson High School captured footage of a ballplayer involved in the zone tournament Saturday stealing items form the student store. The teen was arrested.
• An intoxicated woman at Carson-Tahoe Hospital was taken into civil protective custody after she would not cooperate with doctors and tried to smoke in the emergency room Saturday at 7:27 p.m.
• An evicted tenant threatened to hit some one with an iron pipe in the 700 block of West Telegraph Street on Friday at 8:16 p.m.