July 29, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 11:15 a.m.: A 52-year-old Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of first-offense DUI after a traffic stop on Research Way. A witness said the driver hit a stop sign and continued driving. He was also charged with hit and run. Bail was set at $1,500.
• 6:13 p.m.: A 32-year-old transient was arrested after a traffic stop at Highway 50 and Fairview. A records check revealed two outstanding warrants issued by Dayton Township for failure to pay a fine and failure to appear. Bail was set at $1,294.
• 7:52 p.m.: A 34-year-old Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of violating an extended protection order after running into his estranged wife and children at Walmart and reportedly attempting to talk with them. Bail was set at $3,000.
Recommended Stories For You
• 1:43 a.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in a parking lot along West Nye Lane on suspicion possessing a dangerous weapon. She was detained by Capital City Patrol after seeing she had a gas can and siphon hose in her possession. She advised that she had metal knuckles with a knife blade in her possession. Bail was set at $2,500.
• 1:51 a.m.: A 35-year-old Carson City woman was ordered held in lieu of $3,000 bail after a traffic stop on Highway 50 East for not having a license plate on her vehicle. A records check revealed a warrant issued by Carson Justice Court for charging violation of a suspended sentence.
• 11:40 a.m.: The Department of Corrections turned over a 36-year-old Carson man wanted on a warrant charging violation of a suspended sentence. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 8:29 a.m.: Michael Gene Klein, 52, was ordered held without bail as a fugitive from justice after a traffic stop at Highway 50 East and Deer Run Road. The warrant was issued by the Superior Court in Woodland, Calif. In addition, Klein was charged with using a cell phone, no valid drivers' license, no proof of insurance and expired license plates.
• 7:32 p.m.: A 51-year-old Carson laborer was taken into custody on contempt-of-court charges after a search of a residence at Brown and Reeves. Bail was set at $500.
• 1:15 a.m.: A 52-year-old Carson City woman was arrested on first-offense DUI after a traffic stop at Airport and Carmine. She was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• 1:43 a.m.: A 27-year-old Carson City man was arrested for disorderly conduct after allegedly trying to re-enter a North Carson Street bar he had been asked to leave. Bail was set at $150.
• 3:27 a.m.: A 19-year-old landscaper was arrested on criminal contempt charges after a traffic stop near Table Rock Drive and New Ridge Drive. The passenger in the vehicle, he was taken into custody after an ID check revealed an outstanding warrant. Bail was set at $250.
• 10:22 p.m.: A 41-year-old transient was taken into custody on Emerson Drive after deputies said he was hallucinating and apparently high on drugs. He was arrested for disorderly conduct and held in lieu of $237 bail.
• 10:50 a.m.: A Carson woman was arrested on two counts of violating probation and one of making a false police report after calling deputies to a College Parkway apartment alleging that her boyfriend had tied her up and cut her leg. Dispatch advised them she was already on probation for a false police report and domestic battery. According to the report, records indicate the woman has made six reports since April. Total bail in the case was set at $4,500.
• 7:30 p.m. A 39-year-old Reno man was arrested following a traffic stop at I-580 and North Carson Street for allegedly driving with a suspended registration. The arresting officer found he had no proof of insurance and was also wanted on a Sparks Justice Court warrant charging him with check passing. Bail was st at $1,000.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Carson City officials recognized for mental health efforts
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office