June 23, 2012
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail Thursday or early Friday. All are innocent unless proved guilty in court.
• A 32-year-old Carson City man was arrested about 12:45 a.m. Friday and charged with misdemeanor battery. He allegedly approached a man at the 7-Eleven on Highway 50 East and College Parkway and started punching him in the head. The victim told police he was there to collect some money he had lent to a female. The 32-year-old’s bail was $1,000.
• An 18-year-old Carson City man was arrested about 7:30 p.m. Thursday and charged with misdemeanor first-offense domestic battery. The man allegedly started shoving a pregnant female near the parking lot of the Galaxy Fandango movie theater. The victim was uncooperative but witnesses gave statements, according to the arrest report. His bail was $3,000.
• A 30-year-old Carson City man was arrested about 10:30 a.m. Thursday on a misdemeanor warrant charging him criminal contempt after his 4-year-old daughter wandered off and drew police attention. Police were called when the daughter was seen unattended near the Starbucks on William Street. When she was returned to the man, he reportedly became upset and was detained. The warrant, from Reno and stemming from a speeding ticket, was discovered. His bail was $340.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information, call 775-322-4900. Callers always remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts