July 28, 2012
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail Thursday or early Friday. All are innocent unless proved guilty in court.
• Oscar John Stone, 49, of Woodland, Calif., was arrested at about 12:30 a.m. Friday and charged with open and gross lewdness, a felony. A lobby clerk at the Super 8 Motel on South Carson Street reported that a male subject was running around the motel naked. Stone reportedly came up to the front desk and was acting strange, smelling of alcohol and making sexual comments to the clerk. The clerk reported she then noticed he was standing there naked from the waist down. The officer reported seeing Stone in the lobby touching his penis and looking at the front desk clerk. His bail was $2,500.
• A 39-year-old homeless man was arrested at about 1:30 a.m. Friday and charged with indecent exposure, a gross misdemeanor. He was placed under citizen’s arrest by a woman who said the man was watching her from outside while she was in her bedroom naked after a shower. The woman’s roommate reported seeing him outside and he appeared to be masturbating. His bail was $2,500.
• A 21-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at about 9:20 p.m. Thursday and charged with battery on a peace officer, a gross misdemeanor. Officers were sent to her home where she reportedly said she had a heroin problem and wanted to go to jail to get help. Officers said they tried to tell her of other options, such as rehabilitation programs and that they could not take her to jail because she had not broken any laws. She then reportedly threw a medication bottle at a deputy, hitting him in the arm. Her bail was $2,500.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information, call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016