March 5, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 1:44 a.m.: Dennis Harrison, 24, of Carson City was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of three counts of intimidating a witness, subornation of perjury and threats, and on two Carson warrants. Bail: $46,622.
• 8:11 p.m.: A 35-year-old transient man was arrested in the 1900 block of North Carson Street on a Carson violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant and on suspicion of possession of a hypodermic device. Bail: $4,000.
• 10:32 p.m.: Deepal Moonesinghe, 52, of Stateline was arrested at U.S. Highway 50 and Golf Course Drive on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail: $3,132.
• 11:30 p.m.: A 35-year-old Dayton man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a Carson failure-to-appear warrant. Bail: $897.
• 11:42 p.m.: John Cook, 25, of Carson City was arrested in the 1800 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, probation violation, obstructing or resisting arrest and a probation violation. Bail: $8,907.
• 12:10 a.m.: A 24-year-old Zephyr Cove man was arrested in the 300 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of disorderly conduct. Bail: $242.
• 1:44 a.m.: Gregory Liston, 57, of Carson City was arrested at College Parkway and Ormsby Boulevard on suspicion of DUI, failure to maintain a travel lane and speeding. Bail: $1,331.
• 7:06 p.m.: A 37-year-old Carson City woman was arrested on a Dayton failure-to-appear warrant. Bail: $314.
• 8:08 p.m.: Joseph Porter, 19, of Carson City was arrested in the 500 block of North Stewart Street on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance by a prisoner and a Carson possession-of-a-controlled-substance warrant. Bail: $22,500.
• 8:08 p.m.: A 51-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Airport Road and Desatoya Drive on suspicion of speeding and driving on a license suspended or revoked for DUI. Bail: $1,239.
• 10:29 p.m.: A 27-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Fifth Street and Saliman Road on a Douglas County failure-to-appear traffic warrant.
• 11:00 p.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 600 block of Curry Street on a Tahoe failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail: $489.
• 11:54 p.m.: A 22-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Rand and Long streets on two failure-to-appear traffic warrants. Bail: $1,143.
• 4:01 a.m.: Laura Zeledon, 27, of Carson City and a 24-year-old Carson City man were arrested in the 3400 block of Airport Road. Zeledon was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with bail set at $3,137. The 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, and on three Carson failure-to-appear traffic warrants, a Douglas County contempt-of-court warrant and a Douglas County contempt-of-court warrant. Bail: $4,155.
• 5:06 a.m.: A 42-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 3000 block of Ormsby Boulevard on suspicion of trespassing, disorderly conduct and obstructing and resisting arrest. Bail: $796.
• 5:25 a.m.: Veronica Saldana, 22, of Gardnerville was arrested at Carson and East Fifth streets on suspicion of DUI. Bail: $1,137.
• 2:05 p.m.: A 47-year-old Silver Springs woman was arrested in the 3200 block of Market Street on suspicion of petit larceny, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. Bail: $2,226
• 1:16 a.m.: Bruce Tapia, 29, of Carson City was arrested in the 200 block of Jeanell Street on suspicion of destruction of property and violations of the conditions of alternative sentencing. Bail: $3,500.
The following people were booked into the Storey County Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Curt Mitchell Jr., 21, of Gardnerville was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance not for sale, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, destruction of property, trespassing, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail: $5,055.
• A 43-year-old Reno man was arrested on a Storey County warrant. Bail: $302.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016