May 17, 2014
• At 12:30 p.m. a 24-year-old Reno woman was jailed on suspicion of probation violation. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 12:30 p.m. a 23-year-old Carson man was jailed on two warrants charging failure to appear in a traffic case. Bail was set at $1,150.
• At 3 p.m. Donald Bigpond, 31, was charged with felony possession of a dangerous weapon by a prisoner after jail personnel discovered a piece of a clear plastic lid from an inmate meal tray they said had been sharpened and fashioned into a knife. Bigpond was charged as the only occupant of the cell where the weapon was discovered. Bail on the charge is $25,000.
• At 3:50 p.m. Raul Marcos Garcia Jr. was charged with attempting to escape from the jail, conspiracy to escape, both felonies, and damaging jail property, a gross misdemeanor. Prison staff said the chair in his cell had been broken loose from the floor and used to seriously damage the outside wall of the cell at floor level. According to the arrest report, a hole in that wall would allow an inmate to escape the jail. Bail was set at a total of $50,250.
• At 7:41 p.m. a 25-year-old who identified himself as Miguel Polanco was arrested on two counts of domestic battery issued by Reno Justice Court. The arrest at Humboldt and Long Streets also included a felony count of eluding police and a failure to appear traffic warrant. Total bail was set at $15,201 on the four charges.
• At 7:30 p.m. a 32-year-old Carson man was arrested on a failure to appear warrant after deputies responded to an apartment in the 1900 block of North Carson Street on a report of a domestic disturbance. Bail was set at $890.
• At 1:41 a.m. a Carson City 19-year-old was arrested at Carson and Colorado streets after another driver reported a possible drunk driver. The arrest report says the vehicle was spotted stopped in the middle of California Street, then began traveling at about 5 mph before the deputy activated his lights. The teen was charged with first-offense DUI, having an open container in the vehicle and as a minor consuming. Total bail was set at $1,250.
• At 3:22 a.m. a 29-year-old San Jose man was charged with possession of stolen property, a white pickup truck. He was held in lieu of $500 bail.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016