July 1, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 10:49 p.m.: Gloria Estefan Grajeda, 22, of Kings Beach, Calif., was arrested in the 4600 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of third-offense DUI, a felony, and misdemeanors driving on a revoked driver’s license, fictitious registration, false identification to avoid prosecution and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana. Bail was set at $21,950.
• 4:54 p.m.: Gil A Contreras, 50, of Lakewood, Wash., was arrested in the 2700 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon on a victim over 65 and misdemeanor drawing a deadly weapon in a threatening manner. Contreras allegedly brandished an ax handle at another man who he mistakenly believed had a firearm. Contreras reportedly became angry after the other man insulted the Coast Guard, of which Contreras is a former member. Bail was set at $25,637.
• 5:53 p.m.: Cara Nicole Feletar, 34, a Carson City administrative assistant, was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of gross misdemeanor battery on a peace officer and misdemeanor violation of bail conditions. Feletar allegedly showed up drunk at the sheriff’s office to turn herself in on an outstanding warrant and later kicked a chair into a deputy. Bail was set at $2,500.
• A 58-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 20 block of College Parkway on suspicion of first-offense DUI and no valid driver’s license. Bail was set at $1,237.
• Cohnar Featheringill, 21, a laborer from Carson City, was arrested in the 2700 block of Menlo Drive on suspicion of felony possession of cocaine and misdemeanor violation of pretrial supervision. Bail was set at $5,500.
• 5:32 p.m.: A 34-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1000 block of Musser Street on suspicion of second-offense DUI and driving with an obstructed windshield. Bail was set at $2,662.
• 10:30 a.m.: Miguel Antonio Covarrubis, 22, was arrested in the 1000 block of N. Saliman Road on a felony theft warrant. Bail was set at $10,000.
• 2:29 p.m.: Saul Diaz-Cardoza, 19, was arrested in the 400 block of Winnie Lane on two counts of suspicion of felony commercial burglary. He reportedly broke into a store twice in the early morning hours of the same day and stole beer, cigarettes, tobacco pipes and candy. Bail was set at $50,000.
• 1:30 p.m.: A 26-year-old Washoe Valley man was arrested in the 1600 block of Medical Parkway on suspicion of destruction of property and criminal contempt. A patient allegedly punched a hole in a hospital wall. Bail was set at $1,637.
• 9:54 a.m.: A 42-year-old Carson City man was arrested on the corner of East William Street and Russell Way on suspicion of disorderly conduct and violation of alternative sentencing. The man allegedly shouted profanities at police who were conducting a traffic stop. According to the report, he removed his shirts and shorts and ran into the street in his underwear, continuing to shout profanities at the officers. Bail was set at $3,242.
• Preston Patterson, 37, of Carson City, was arrested in the 1800 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of felony first-offense burglary and violation of a suspended sentence.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.