June 19, 2012
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail recently. All are innocent until proved guilty in court.
• Tyler James Lewallen, 19, was arrested about midnight Sunday and charged with felony probation violation and misdemeanor minor consuming alcohol. A deputy stopped him and another 19-year-old man at the AM/PM convenience store near Highway 50 East and Lompa Lane because they were acting suspiciously, according to the arrest report. A preliminary breathalyzer test showed that both men had been drinking alcohol, according to the report. Dispatch told the deputies Lewallen was on probation. He had no bail. The other man was arrested on charges of violating pre-trial conditions and minor consuming alcohol, both misdemeanors. His bail was $3,150.
• Kenneth H. Barksdale, 50, of Carson City, was arrested at about 4:20 p.m. Saturday and charged with felony domestic battery by strangulation and misdemeanor violation of court sentencing. Barksdale told officers that his ex-girlfriend had come into his house near Long and Nevada streets uninvited and started a fight with him. According to the arrest report, the fight did not become physical. The woman said he had gotten upset that she wanted to go for a walk and strangled her until she lost consciousness and slapped her multiple times. The deputy reported seeing red marks on her face and neck. The woman was reportedly upset that Barksdale was being arrested and refused to fill out a statement. Barksdale’s bail was $10,500.
• Jonathan Michael Schaff, 21, of Gresham, Ore., was arrested at about 6 p.m. Friday and charged with felony probation violation. He was transported to Carson City from Portland, Ore., on a warrant charging him with violating the terms of his parole. He had no bail.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary