Sheriff’s Log for Friday, March 29
March 31, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent unless proved guilty in court:
• 9 a.m.: A 59-year-old South Lake Tahoe man was arrested in the 4600 South Carson Street on suspicion of speeding and on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail: $409.
• 5:13 p.m.: James Chavez, 73, of Carson City was arrested on Bryan Circle on suspicion of DUI and hit and run property damage after he allegedly crashed into a wooden fence in the 1800 block of Russell Way and then fled. He allegedly drove an estimated 80 mph in a 35 mph zone as he was followed by an off-duty deputy who said he witnessed the crash. Bail: $1,764.
• 7:27 p.m.: Julian Clements, 33, of Carson City was arrested in the 1600 block of Brown Street on suspicion of DUI first offense, driving with a suspended license and leaving the scene of an accident. Bail: $2,396.
• 7:28 p.m.: A 22-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a failure-to-appear drug court warrant. No bail.
• 8:54 p.m.: A 27-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail: $909.
• 11:15 p.m.: A 22-year-old Reno man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a Carson City violation-of-conditions warrant. Bail: $3,000.
• 11:20 p.m.: A 30-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a Carson City contempt-of-court warrant. Bail: $1,100.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.