Sheriff’s Log for Thursday, April 11, 2013
April 12, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 5 p.m.: Derrick Kennedy, 40, of Carson City turned himself in at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of domestic battery strangulation, battery with a deadly weapon and preventing a victim from reporting a crime. Kennedy allegedly shoved a woman down, forced her head through a door, threw a carpet steamer at her and approached her with two knives. The woman escaped during an attack and ran down the road screaming for help, and a neighbor let her inside, according to a police report.
• 1:05 a.m.: An 18-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 2800 block of Gardner Lane on suspicion of destruction of property. Bail: $632.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation