Sheriffs’ log: Intoxicated drivers and pedestrians
September 4, 2012
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 3:47 a.m.: A 38-year-old Carson City man was arrested on Third and Stewart streets on charges of intoxicated pedestrian. Bail: $237.
• 3:47 a.m.: A 32-year-old Carson City man was arrested on Third and Stewart streets on charges of intoxicated pedestrian. Bail: $237.
• 12:30 p.m.: Bruce Whalen, 62, of Carson City was arrested at 2094 W. College Parkway on charges of assault with a deadly weapon, burglary with a weapon and battery. Bail: $43,632.
• 7:24 p.m.: A 44-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Wendy Lane and East Long Street on charges of child neglect or endangerment. Bail: $2,500.
• 12:48 a.m.: A 42-year-old man was arrested at the Goni Pit and Goni Water Tower area on a Carson City failure to appear traffic warrant. Bail $110.
• 9:19 a.m.: A 20-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 3500 Northgate Lane on six charges of graffiti and two of destruction of property. Bail: $5,264.
• 4:15 p.m.: A 36-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Airport Road and U.S. Highway 50 on a Carson City Justice Court failure to appear traffic warrant. Bail: $1,911.
• 7:45 p.m.: A 32-year-old Reno man was arrested at 2523 N. Carson St. on a contempt of court warrant. Bail: $645.
• 8:21 p.m.: A 27-year-old Yerington man was arrested at 1890 Nichols Lane on a Carson City warrant. Bail: $3,000.
• 8:30 p.m.: A 21-year-old man was arrested at Carson and Ninth streets on a failure to appear traffic warrant. Bail: $1,500.
• 10:21 a.m.: A 47-year-old Gardnerville man was arrested on South Carson Street and Cherry View on a Carson City failure to appear traffic warrant. Bail: $1,101.
• 10:36 a.m.: A 32-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 1400 Rand Avenue on a Storey County failure to appear traffic warrant. Bail: $327.
• 12:15 p.m.: A 19-year-old Reno man was arrested at 1334 N. Edmonds Drive on charges of disobedience to a traffic control device and driving on a license suspended or revoked for DUI. Bail: $1,939.
• 1:46 p.m.: Charles Froehlich, 43, of Carson City was arrested at 2066 South Ridge Court for grand larceny. Bail: $25,000.
• 10:23 p.m.: Justin McCourt, 33, of Carson City was arrested at 220 Telegraph St. on charges of DUI second offense, resisting arrest and driving on a suspended driver’s license. Bail: $3,896.
• 2:19 a.m.: A 26-year-old Sparks man was arrested at Carson Street and Silver Oak Drive on charges of obstructing justice.
• 2:45 a.m.: Rene Garcia-Montes, 20, of Carson City was arrested at 1137 Lindsay Lane on charges of a parole and probation violation, obstructing an officer, minor consuming alcohol and intoxicated pedestrian. No bail.
• 3:40 a.m.: Ben Wood, 32, of Phoenix was arrested at 4697 E. Sutro St. on charges of DUI. Bail: $1,132.
• 4:34 a.m.: Faustino Castellanos, 33, of Carson City was arrested at Lompa Lane and U.S. Highway 50 on charges of DUI, no proof of insurance, no valid driver’s license and turn signal required. Bail: $2,118.
• 7 p.m.: Jason Valencia, 21, of Carson City was arrested at 3300 Airport Road on charges of domestic battery. Bail: $3,132.
• 7:20 p.m.: Amy Wright, 35, of Carson City was arrested at 1511 Gregg St. at on charges of domestic battery and criminal contempt. Bail: $3,632.
The following people were booked into the Storey County Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 19-year-old Auburn, Calif., woman was arrested on a Dayton Justice Court warrant. Bail: $329.
• Darrell Wisdom, 42, of Sparks was arrested on suspicion of DUI second offense. Bail: $2,637.
• Sean Michael Caron, 44, of Lockwood was arrested for battery domestic violence. Bail: $1,137.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’