Sheriff’s Log: Woman arrested on felony drug count, warrant
February 25, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent unless proved guilty in court:
• 11:01 p.m.: A 21-year-old Greeley, Colo., man was arrested at William Street and Saliman Road on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, as well as on a contempt-of-court warrant out of Carson City. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy stopped him and others because of graffiti problems in the area. He reportedly learned of the man's warrant, then found a glass jar containing marijuana and a pipe in his backpack. Total bail was set at $2,100.
• 1:50 a.m.: A 36-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 600 block of Springview Drive on suspicion of domestic battery, as well as on two probation-violation warrants. Total bail was set at $9,000.
Recommended Stories For You
• 9:48 p.m.: Cody Gordon Rhodes, 24, a transient, was arrested in the 400 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance. According to Rhodes' arrest report, a Special Enforcement Team deputy saw him walking near a casino and asked to speak with him. Rhodes had a pocketknife, and the deputy asked to take it for his own safety. Rhodes agreed. The deputy asked if Rhodes had any other items he should know about, and he said he didn't. He consented to a search of his pockets, and the deputy reportedly found suspected meth in a bag in one of his front pockets. Rhodes reportedly said he'd forgotten he had it. Bail was set at $2,500.
• 1 a.m.: Lori McCullen, 44, of Carson City was arrested at Marian Avenue and Mountain Park Drive on suspicion of DUI-first offense and reckless driving. According to McCullen's arrest report, a Special Enforcement Team deputy was following another vehicle, and McCullen was following him and nearly rear-ended him. He pulled her over, and she reportedly drove into a dip in the road that caused her vehicle to bounce entirely off the road. She reportedly showed signs of impairment during field sobriety tests and had a blood-alcohol level of about 0.19. Total bail was set at $1,500.
• 7:33 p.m.: A 21-year-old Gardnerville man was arrested at East Long Street and Russell Way on suspicion of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. According to the man's arrest report, a Special Enforcement Team deputy saw him driving without a driver's-side brake light. The man reportedly refused at first. A K9 search of the vehicle reportedly yielded a suspected marijuana pipe and about 5 grams of suspected marijuana. Total bail was set at $1,600.
• 3:11 p.m.: A 41-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Saliman Road and Little Lane on suspicion of obstructing a peace officer, brake lights required and turn signal required. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy pulled him over for failing to use a turn signal and having a brake light out. The man reportedly got out of his vehicle and walked toward the deputy's, asking why he'd been stopped and saying he was being harassed. He reportedly told a woman in his vehicle to film the exchange, continued to interrupt the deputy and claimed he'd been pulled over because of a relationship with another deputy. Total bail was set at $350.
• 1:21 a.m.: Anthony Chappa, 26, of Carson City was arrested in the 300 block of North Carson Street on a felony parole-and-probation violation. According to Chappa's arrest report, a deputy was called to a bar on a report of a fight. He learned Chappa, who reportedly was involved in the fight, had a no-drinking clause and wasn't supposed to be in a bar. No bail was set.
• 3:52 a.m.: Three people — a 23-year-old Carson City man and two Dayton men, ages 22 and 23 — were arrested in the 500 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor counts. According to the men's arrest reports, a deputy was dispatched to a casino on a report of a physical fight in the lounge area. The deputy ordered the men to put their hands on a wall, and one reportedly refused and walked toward the deputy, who subdued him. Another man reportedly choked a security employee, and the third reportedly began fighting with security as well. The 22-year-old Dayton man was arrested on suspicion of obstructing, with bail set at $300. The 23-year-old Dayton man was arrested on suspicion of battery, with bail set at $1,000. The Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of battery and on a failure-to-appear warrant out of Reno. Total bail was set at $1,415.
• 2:19 a.m.: Benjamin Schrobenhausen, 27, of Munich, Germany, was arrested at Carson and Musser streets on suspicion of DUI-first offense and disobeying a traffic-control device. According to Schrobenhausen's arrest report, he stopped in a crosswalk, then made a jerky turn. The deputy pulled him over and smelled alcohol, and Schrobenhausen reportedly showed impairment on field sobriety tests. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of about 0.24, three times the legal limit for drivers. Total bail was set at $1,040.
• 1:54 a.m.: A 19-year-old Dayton man was arrested in the 1900 block of East William Street on suspicion of possession of marijuana. According to the man's arrest report, security officers had encountered him in the parking lot of one of the properties they protect and had noticed an odor of marijuana, and he gave them three small containers of marijuana oil when they asked if he had the drug on him. He reportedly said he has a California medical marijuana license but doesn't have one in Nevada. Bail was set at $600.
• 2:58 p.m.: A 21-year-old Carson City man was arrested at College Parkway and Otha Street on suspicion of obstructing and possession of drug paraphernalia. Also arrested were a 22-year-old Carson City man, on suspicion of obstructing and possession of drug paraphernalia, as well as on an arrest-of-probationer warrant out of Carson City, and a 41-year-old Carson City woman, on a failure-to-appear/traffic warrant out of Reno. According to their arrest reports, a deputy noticed that a person was trying to exit a Jeep while it was moving and feared someone inside might have been trying to get away from another passenger or the driver. He pulled the Jeep over, and it reportedly accelerated suddenly. He then saw someone run from the Jeep. The driver refused to identify who'd fled at first, and the deputy suspected he was trying to buy time for the man who'd fled and arrested him on suspicion of obstructing. The deputy later learned that the person who'd run had been contacted nearby, and that he and his mother both had warrants. During a search of the Jeep, he reportedly found tinfoil bearing dark lines and recognized it as possible heroin paraphernalia. Total bail was set at $1,300 for the driver, $4,300 for the man who reportedly fled and $455 for that man's mother.
• 10:05 p.m.: Angela Marie Gomez, 33, a transient, was arrested in the 1800 block of North Edmonds Drive on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, as well as on one failure-to-appear/traffic warrant out of Carson City and another out of Reno. According to Gomez's arrest report, a Special Enforcement Team deputy saw her while conducting a check at a casino and knew she had a warrant. While she was being booked at the Carson City Jail, the deputy reportedly found a bag containing what appeared to be methamphetamine in her purse. Total bail was set at $4,695.
• 8:27 p.m.: Lisa Marie Depola, 26, of Carson City was arrested at Russell Way and East Long Street on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, as well as possession of drug paraphernalia. According to Depola's arrest report, a Special Enforcement Team deputy pulled her over because her rear license plate light was out. The deputy asked if there was anything in her vehicle he should be concerned about, and she reportedly said she had a marijuana pipe in the glove compartment. Depola reportedly consented to a search and had a bag of marijuana, as well as a bag containing what appeared to be methamphetamine. A K9 search reportedly also turned up a glass marijuana pipe and a meth pipe in Depola's purse. Total bail was set at $3,500.
• 8:13 a.m.: A 45-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1400 block of North Carson Street on a domestic-battery warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 10:08 a.m.: An 18-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 1300 block of Standford Drive on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 8:20 p.m.: A 25-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $250.
• 8 p.m.: A 19-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $295.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.