Sheriff’s office will boost staffing in preparation for wind-related issues
February 14, 2014
The Carson City Sheriff's Office will have additional staffing on duty this weekend because of potential wind-related issues.
Winds could reach 70 to 80 mph at times, and members of the volunteer and reserve divisions will be ready to help with traffic control if there are downed power lines or road obstructions, a news release states.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’