Shooting victim dies
February 4, 2013
A 32-year-old man died after being shot Sunday night.
Carson City Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the 900 block of West Washington street around 8:35 p.m. and found James Lay, 32, at his residence with a gunshot wound to the chest. Lay was pronounced dead a short time later, prior to being hospitalized, according to Sheriff Ken Furlong.
The alleged suspect was identified by witnesses is 32-year-old David Grimes. Grimes surrendered to deputies at 10:10 p.m. Furlong said.
Witnesses at the scene indicated the incident may have been sparked by a domestic argument, according to Furlong.
No other information was available Sunday night. The incident is still under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition