Shooting victim dies
February 4, 2013
A 32-year-old man died after being shot Sunday night.
Carson City Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the 900 block of West Washington street around 8:35 p.m. and found James Lay, 32, at his residence with a gunshot wound to the chest. Lay was pronounced dead a short time later, prior to being hospitalized, according to Sheriff Ken Furlong.
The alleged suspect was identified by witnesses is 32-year-old David Grimes. Grimes surrendered to deputies at 10:10 p.m. Furlong said.
Witnesses at the scene indicated the incident may have been sparked by a domestic argument, according to Furlong.
No other information was available Sunday night. The incident is still under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts