Sierra Lutheran senior receives national honor
September 9, 2012
Sierra Lutheran High School senior Cheyenne Contreras has been selected as a 2012-13 National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholar by the College Board.
This honor is conferred upon students who excel on the PSAT during the junior year and maintain a grade point average of 3.5 or higher throughout their high school career.
“The Sierra Lutheran faculty, staff, and student body salute Cheyenne for receiving this prestigious honor,” SLHS Executive Director Brian Underwood said. “The discipline and work ethic that Cheyenne displays represent a solid blue print for academic success.”
By virtue of her academic success, Contreras finished in the top two percent of the more than 253,000 Hispanic/Latino students across the United States who took the 2011 PSAT/NMSQT.
Trending In: Local
- Heller, Amodei on wrong side of history
- Nevada’s oldest WWII vet special guest to Gov. Brian Sandoval
- Sandoval unveils budget Tuesday
- Woman arrested on domestic battery with substantial bodily harm says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on possession of a stolen vehicle says Carson City Sheriff’s Office