Silver Dollars: Conn walks the long road through every jurisdiction in the U.S.
September 9, 2012
The Nevada Appeal’s Silver Dollars & Wooden Nickels feature recognizes positive achievements from the capital region and, when warranted, points out others that missed the mark.SILVER DOLLAR: Save the best for last. As the saying goes, that is what J. Stephen Conn did Sept. 1. That’s when Conn became the 34th person known to have visited every county, parish or similar jurisdiction in the U.S. when he stepped into Carson City. “It’s definitely about the journey, but all of the destinations are fascinating,” Conn said.The retired minister from Pikeville, Tenn., decided in June 1995 to set out on the journey. SILVER DOLLAR: To the proposal the Pentagon and FAA are studying to possibly make Naval Air Station Fallon a nationwide multiservice “center for excellence for testing unmanned aerial vehicles or drones.”Gov. Brian Sandoval revealed the possibility during Fallon’s Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast and Lions Club Labor Day Parade last week. The possibility of NAS becoming part of a UAV center would be a large job creator for Northern Nevada.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada