Six ‘celebrities’ will compete in Carson City dance competition
April 18, 2013
Six Carson City "celebrities" will compete in a "Dancing With the Stars"-type contest April 27 at the High Sierra Swing Dance Club's sixth annual anniversary gala dinner/dance at the Carson City Nugget.
The contestants have been paired with local instructors and will do dances including swing, country, Latin and hip-hop. The instructors are JoAnn Grace, Rainer Herm, Emily Thicke, Armando Nevarez, Earl Case and Bob Truesdale.
The evening will include a buffet dinner, the contest, a performance by Susan Brown and Jeffrey Munson, and open dancing into the evening. Tickets to the semiformal- or formal-attire event cost $30 and must be purchased by Saturday. They may be purchased at Artsy Fartsy, The Purple Avocado and Yaple's Dance Studio. For more information, go to http://www.highsierrasdc.org or call Rika at 530-307-8937 or Idie at 775-443-8870.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition