Snowboarder dies at Heavenly
February 5, 2014
An 18-year-old man from Fountain Valley, Calif., died Tuesday at Heavenly Mountain Resort after a snowboarding accident.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday identified the man as Wyatt James Colvard.
According to the sheriff’s office, Colvard was found lying in the snow unconscious and having a difficult time breathing.
Ski Patrol provided life support and transported Colvard down hill to awaiting Tahoe Douglas paramedics.
In a statement, Heavenly said that Colvard was found unresponsive about 11:30 a.m. in upper Nevada Woods, an expert area at the ski resort. Colvard was wearing a helmet, according to the resort.
Preliminary findings of an autopsy indicate Colvard died from internal injuries from blunt-force trauma, according to the sheriff’s office.
The incident remains under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016