Social Security ending visits to Carson City
October 14, 2013
Social Security is discontinuing its face-to-face visits to Carson City as of Dec. 26, citing budget constraints.
Most Social Security business doesn't require an in-person interview, according to a news release.
Information and many services are available at http://www.social security.gov.
Users can create an online account that allows immediate access to personal Social Security information.
Social Security also has agents available to talk between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday; call 800-772-1213.
The nearest Social Security office is at 1170 Harvard Way in Reno.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’