South Lake Tahoe serial sprayer suspect in custody
November 23, 2016
South Lake Tahoe police have arrested a 43-year-old man believed to have doused two self-serve food bars with chemicals that caused multiple cases of apparent food poisoning at a South Lake Tahoe shopping mall.
According to a press release, Harry Dally, was arrested Tuesday after a case of food tampering was reported by the Baja Fresh Mexican Grill.
A 12-year-old was hospitalized Saturday after eating tainted salsa, and later released in stable condition.
After looking at surveillance footage, police were able to identify a subject.
The substance that was used is being determined by lab tests.
Police say similar incidents occurred in the past two weeks at Baja Fresh and a Chinese food bar in the same shopping center. Police believe the incidents are related.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population