Southern Nevada veterans cemetery receives $5 million grant
September 13, 2012
The Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Boulder City has been awarded a $5 million grant to develop another 7.5 acres.
Gov. Brian Sandoval said the state is grateful for the support that allows the state to continue serving Nevada veterans and their families.
The grant will construct more than 6,000 replacement crypts and 4,000 columbarium niches. It is phase two of a three-phase expansion and is in addition to the $3.5 million awarded the cemetery last year. That money funded construction of the administration building, roads, and other infrastructure, which will be complete by the end of this year.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population