Space photos at WNC art exhibition through Aug. 23
June 20, 2013
A fascinating and colorful exhibition of space photography will be displayed through Aug. 23 in the main art gallery at Western Nevada College's Carson City campus, 2201 W. College Parkway.
The exhibit features large photographs of Earth's moon, planets in the solar system with their moons and colorful nebulae. The work of John Dykes, a member of Western Nevada Astronomical Society and Jack C. Davis Observatory volunteer, is printed on thin metal plates to enhance the brilliant colors. Copies of the photographs are available for purchase, with proceeds to benefit the observatory.
The gallery is located in the Bristlecone Building and is open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
For more information, call 775-445-4294.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada