Space photos at WNC art exhibition through Aug. 23
June 20, 2013
A fascinating and colorful exhibition of space photography will be displayed through Aug. 23 in the main art gallery at Western Nevada College's Carson City campus, 2201 W. College Parkway.
The exhibit features large photographs of Earth's moon, planets in the solar system with their moons and colorful nebulae. The work of John Dykes, a member of Western Nevada Astronomical Society and Jack C. Davis Observatory volunteer, is printed on thin metal plates to enhance the brilliant colors. Copies of the photographs are available for purchase, with proceeds to benefit the observatory.
The gallery is located in the Bristlecone Building and is open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
For more information, call 775-445-4294.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person