Spring Creek man breaks channel catfish record
July 4, 2011
ELKO (AP) – A northeast Nevada fisherman has broken a 31-year-old record for the biggest channel catfish ever caught in the state.
The Nevada Department of Wildlife confirms that Scott Barrett of Spring Creek landed a channel cat at South Fork Reservoir on June 27 that weighed in at 32 pounds, 7 ounces.
That’s more than a pound heavier than 31 pound, 1 ounce catfish that Harry Stephens caught in the Lahontan Reservoir in 1980.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016