Stabbing at Hwy 50 restaurant investigated
January 10, 2010
Carson City detectives are investigating a stabbing early this morning outside Dos Amigos Meat Market on Highway 50 East.
Detective Capt. Ken Sandage said the restaurant was hosting a party or dance when at least two people got into an argument about 2:30 a.m.
“There was a shoving match inside. They went outside and that’s when the unknown assailant pulled out a knife and stabbed him,” said Sandage.
He said the bouncers grabbed the victim out of the scuffle and the stabber fled, possibly in a white vehicle.
Because of the heavy fog early this morning, the victim was taken by ambulance to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno where he underwent emergency surgery. He is expected to recover. His name and age have not been released.
Sandage said the victim claims to not know his assailant.
“And there were no witnesses that came forward,” he said.
Secret Witness offers rewards for information that leads to arrest and conviction. To make an anonymous tip and become eligible for a reward call 322-4900.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’