Stolo throws no-hitter for WNC
February 23, 2013
McQueen’s Christian Stolo threw the second no-hitter in Western Nevada College baseball history Friday night.
Stolo faced the minimum – 21 batters – in the seven inning game as WNC won 1-0 against Colorado Northwestern.
Stolo allowed 2 men to reach base on an error and a walk, but was able to pickoff a runner and throw another one out at second base.
Mike Umscheid had a first inning RBI single to lift the Wildcats.
In the second game, WNC lost 4-3 to Salt Lake.
Evan Parker took the loss when Salt Lake pushed a run across on a dropped third strike, an error and a passed ball.
Conor Harber had a triple, a stolen base and scored a run for WNC. Umscheid had two hits.
WNC plays at 10 a.m. this morning against College of Southern Nevada. Scenic West Athletic Conference teams are in Henderson for a weekend tournament.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts