Stolo throws no-hitter for WNC
February 23, 2013
McQueen’s Christian Stolo threw the second no-hitter in Western Nevada College baseball history Friday night.
Stolo faced the minimum – 21 batters – in the seven inning game as WNC won 1-0 against Colorado Northwestern.
Stolo allowed 2 men to reach base on an error and a walk, but was able to pickoff a runner and throw another one out at second base.
Mike Umscheid had a first inning RBI single to lift the Wildcats.
In the second game, WNC lost 4-3 to Salt Lake.
Evan Parker took the loss when Salt Lake pushed a run across on a dropped third strike, an error and a passed ball.
Conor Harber had a triple, a stolen base and scored a run for WNC. Umscheid had two hits.
WNC plays at 10 a.m. this morning against College of Southern Nevada. Scenic West Athletic Conference teams are in Henderson for a weekend tournament.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition