Stretch of runway opens at Carson Airport
November 25, 2009
A 3,080-foot stretch of runway at the Carson City Airport opened Monday at 11 a.m., said Airport Manager Casey Pullman.
The re-opening for the stretch of runway, which closed Nov. 9, was delayed because of a new Federal Aviation Administration survey. Pullman said the runway was closed about a week longer than expected.
This week’s opening marks the completion of the first phase of the $9.6 million airport project funded entirely by federal stimulus dollars.
By mid-December the remaining stretch of the the 6,100-foot runway is expected to open, Pullman said. He added the entire project, which will also include a new taxiway, is expected to be completed by next April.
“It depends on weather, but that’s what we’re shooting for right now,” he said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Carson City receives an inch of rain overnight
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Advocate says deregulating Nevada energy market will benefit even small customers