Strings in the Schools to perform Dec. 4
November 16, 2012
Carson City Symphony’s after-school program Strings in the Schools will present the third annual “This is Not a Christmas Concert” at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 4 at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Admission is free.
About 80 string players, including public, private and home schooled students will perform several pieces from classics to folk and fiddle tunes.
The concert will feature beginning violins in grades two to five, a youth string orchestra for all ages, and STRAZZ, advanced jazz and fiddle ensemble.
Strings in the Schools, an educational program of the Carson City Symphony Association, is now in its eighth year.
It is supported in part by grants from the Nevada Arts Council, the National Endowment for the Arts, Partnership Carson City and private donations.
For more information, call director Sue Jesch at 775-450-5584.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016