Strings in the Schools to perform Dec. 4
November 16, 2012
Carson City Symphony’s after-school program Strings in the Schools will present the third annual “This is Not a Christmas Concert” at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 4 at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Admission is free.
About 80 string players, including public, private and home schooled students will perform several pieces from classics to folk and fiddle tunes.
The concert will feature beginning violins in grades two to five, a youth string orchestra for all ages, and STRAZZ, advanced jazz and fiddle ensemble.
Strings in the Schools, an educational program of the Carson City Symphony Association, is now in its eighth year.
It is supported in part by grants from the Nevada Arts Council, the National Endowment for the Arts, Partnership Carson City and private donations.
For more information, call director Sue Jesch at 775-450-5584.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- South Carson Street open house Wednesday