Students host seniors for Thanksgiving dinner
November 20, 2012
The students of Eagle Valley Christian School invited the residents of Sierra Place to share a Thanksgiving dinner and entertainment on Monday.
Every month Eagle Valley Christian School students visit Sierra Place retirement community to lead out in singing and crafts for the seniors as part of the school’s community service. For Thanksgiving, the tables were been turned, and the students hosted the seniors.
“The residents of Sierra Place are very excited for this opportunity to see where our students go to school,” said Jessie Michel, a teacher at EVCS. “They always love spending time with the children.”
In addition to the Thanksgiving feast, children sang songs and presented a Reader’s Theater about the holiday.
Students will be presenting their annual Christmas pageant at Sierra Place next month.
Eagle Valley Christian School is a Seventh-day Adventist school with grades kindergarten through eighth associated with the Carson City Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat