Students host seniors for Thanksgiving dinner
November 20, 2012
The students of Eagle Valley Christian School invited the residents of Sierra Place to share a Thanksgiving dinner and entertainment on Monday.
Every month Eagle Valley Christian School students visit Sierra Place retirement community to lead out in singing and crafts for the seniors as part of the school’s community service. For Thanksgiving, the tables were been turned, and the students hosted the seniors.
“The residents of Sierra Place are very excited for this opportunity to see where our students go to school,” said Jessie Michel, a teacher at EVCS. “They always love spending time with the children.”
In addition to the Thanksgiving feast, children sang songs and presented a Reader’s Theater about the holiday.
Students will be presenting their annual Christmas pageant at Sierra Place next month.
Eagle Valley Christian School is a Seventh-day Adventist school with grades kindergarten through eighth associated with the Carson City Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors
- Veterans suicide leads to training at Nevada prisons
- Carson City mayor declares Friday Mark Lindquist Day
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs