Supervisors approve primary results
June 19, 2012
The Carson City Board of Supervisors formally examined and accepted the results of last week’s primary elections.
Monday’s process, called the canvass, is required under Nevada law for all local governments following elections.
Sue Merriwether, head of the elections division, told the board that 7,702 votes were cast. She said there were five voters on election day who did not sign the roster – the step required to ensure that voter identification is verified. Merriwether said that that occasionally happens. She said the five votes did not affect any of the races .
Of those who voted, 4,136 did so early and another 753 cast absentee ballots.
The process took just 11 minutes. The results of the canvass will now be reported to the secretary of state’s office.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016