Suspect sought in robbery of Dayton store
November 12, 2013
The Lyon County Sheriff's Office seeks information about a robbery at the Dayton Valley Corner Store, 409 Dayton Valley Road.
According to the Sheriff's Office:
About 8 p.m. Monday, a man entered the store, jumped the counter and ordered the clerk to open the register. The man took the $20 bills in the register, jumped back over the counter and left in an unknown direction. He got away with about $200. No weapon appears to have been involved.
The suspect is described as a white man, about 5 feet, 5 inches and 150 pounds. He last was seen wearing a black hat, a black sweatshirt with the word "CITY" on the front, light-colored blue jeans and light-colored shoes. He also was wearing a black ski mask or black bandana and black gloves.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sheriff's Office's Dayton substation at 775-246-6200 or Secret Witness at 775-463-5251.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts