Tea will celebrate Nevada’s women
March 12, 2014
The Carson City Democratic Women’s Club will hold its annual history tea to celebrate Nevada’s statehood and 150 years of Nevada women from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Governor’s Mansion.
There will be two tables per era, and attendees are asked to dress in the correlating period’s costume. Eras will be from 1864-1900; 1901-39; 1940-59; 1960-79; 1980-99; and 2000-present. The best costume for each era will win a prize.
Chautauqua performances, including routines by Joetta Brown as Charlotte Baker, Eileen Cohen as Hannah Clapp, Laurie Hickey as Dr. Eliza Cook and James Brown as Ben Palmer, will be featured. A silent auction will follow; tea snacks and soft drinks will be available.
Doors open at 11 a.m. Tickets cost $25. RSVP by calling 775-841-3367, or Margaret Mello at 775-883-1082. The tea is an official NV 150 event and will benefit the Carson City Democratic Women’s Club’s activities and scholarships fund. For more information, send an email to Donna Curtis at Donnajcurtis@sbcglobal.net.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016