Teams search Lyon County for a Minden-bound plane
April 17, 2013
Searchers are looking for an overdue aircraft that might be in southern Lyon County.
Douglas County Search and Rescue is aiding Lyon County searchers in locating the aircraft that left Las Vegas on Sunday with an intended destination of Minden, according to the Lyon County Sheriff's Office.
Searchers were notified of the missing aircraft on Monday.
Search-and-rescue teams from Washoe, Mineral and Mono counties are joining with the Nevada Air Guard, Nevada Department of Emergency Management and Civil Air Patrol.
The plane's size and number of occupants were unknown Tuesday.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts
- Carson City health inspections for May 19