Three injured in collision at Airport Road
May 9, 2013
Three people were injured in a collision 4:45 p.m. Thursday at Airport Road and Highway 395.
The accident occurred when Gardnerville resident Sabrina Finley, 26, in a green Chevy Tracker tried to cross the northbound lanes of Highway 395 and into the path of a silver GMC Arcadia. The Acadia sport utility vehicle driven by David Aced, 71, of Modesto, Calif., collided with the Tracker, knocking it over onto its side.
Finley had to be cut from the wreckage of her vehicle.
Nevada Highway Patrol trooper Barbara Stapleton said Finley and a passenger in the Arcadia, Susan Aced, were transported to Renown Regional Medical Center with nonlife threatening injuries.
Stapleton said Finley was cited for failure to yield. The accident closed the northbound No. 1 travel lane for 90 minutes. Traffic on Highway 395 was backed up going both ways.
The intersection at Airport Road and Highway 395 has been the scene of several accidents including one fatal over the last year.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water