Three NHP officers promoted
June 22, 2012
The Nevada Highway Patrol promoted three lieutenants to captain Thursday morning, making them part of the 12 decision makers for the state agency and a third of the entire contingent of captains, Chief Troy L. Abney said at the ceremony. Lt. Col. Todd Ellison said that in his 27 years with NHP, he’s never seen three promotions happen simultaneously.
The new captains are: Susan Aller-Schilling, who will oversee rural patrol operations, administration and dispatch for western Nevada. She will be based out of Reno. John O’Rourke will be the commander overseeing rural, commercial, special operations and risk management out of the Las Vegas post. Tom Merschel will oversee all of northeast Nevada and be based out of Elko.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors
- Veterans suicide leads to training at Nevada prisons
- Carson City mayor declares Friday Mark Lindquist Day
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs