May 13, 2005
• Carson City Republican Women meet at 11 a.m. at the Carson Nugget for a luncheon meeting. Guest speaker is State Treasurer Brian Krolicki. Cost $17 for members and guests. Call 841-3553.
• NARFE Chapter 1329 meets at 11:15 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s, 2811 S. Carson St. President Tom Prettyman will speak. Call 884-3538 or 884-9448.
• Capital Women’s Connection tea and light luncheon, 11:30 a.m. at the Plaza Conference Center, 211 E. Ninth St. Women welcome to a tea and tea cup exchange, girl talk and luncheon; bring a tea cup to exchange. Guest speaker Chauncy Swartz from Soquel, Calif. Tickets $16.50 at the door; call 885-7789 or 883-5045.
• Carson City Parks and Recreation Committee meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Retired Telephone Pioneers meets at 5:30 p.m. at El Charro Avita, 4389 S. Carson St. Reservations, information, call 882-5205.
• Annual Jefferson-Jackson Dinner fund-raiser for the Carson City Democratic Central Committee, 6 p.m. at Silver Oak Golf Club. Hosted cocktail reception, dinner and program $100 per person; dinner, program only $35. Features comedian Kat Simmons, historical stand-up of Guy Rocha and political poetry of Marcia deBraga. RSVP to 841-3367.
Recommended Stories For You
• Silver Sierra Adventurers meet at 6 p.m. at the Carson Nugget, upstairs. Guest speaker is David Lippincott, president of Frontier Tours. Call 882-2671.
• Carson City Development Services Re-use Alternatives Public Workshop, 6:30 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room.
• Silver Strings string quartet performs at 7 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Repertoire includes music from around the world. Call 887-2244.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Leslie Stevens on “Eilley Orrum Bower: Mystic of the Comstock” at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Nevada Health Centers – Mammovan for Nevada at Washoe Tribal Health Clinic, 1559 Watasheamu, Gardnerville. Mammograms available by appointment only, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Call (877) 581-6266 for details.
• The Tommy Bell Show performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through May 22. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Sidro’s Armada performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Capital City Arts Initiative Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee presents a monthlong exhibit by Paul Ford, 312 S. Carson St. Call 287-2252.
• Muscle Powered hosts an 8:30 a.m. walk at Edmonds Sports Complex, on Livermore Street. Call 885-2166.
• International Museums Day at the Nevada State Museum; free admission. Features Northern Paiute beadwork demonstration from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with Gladys Hicks; basket making demonstration with Elaine Smokey from 1-4 p.m. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Alzheimer’s Support Group meeting, 1 p.m. with showing of video “Dementia and Driving Don’t Mix” at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Q&A after video with group coordinator Karen Gash. Call 883-0703.
• Carson City Development Services Re-use Alternatives Public workshop, 6:30 p.m. at the Community Bonanza Room.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in the Great Room. Features “Vengeance and Vendetta on the Comstock.” Costs $28 includes dinner; play only $8. Reservations: 847-0111.