Travel trailer damaged in fire | NevadaAppeal.com

Travel trailer damaged in fire

Staff report

A 10-foot-long travel trailer was heavily damaged Tuesday afternoon from a fire possibly caused by a mechanical malfunction, a Carson City Fire Department official said.

The travel trailer was parked beside a home at 2501 Lorraine St. The owner of the trailer is Doc Barichio.

According to the fire department, the fire started in the trailer’s bathroom and quickly spread through it. Nevada Division of Forestry, city reserve and fire academy units responded to the fire because all other units were working on a wildfire at Clear Creek. The flames were extinguished before they could spread beyond the trailer.

Barichio’s son Chris Barichio suffered from fire inhalation when he went back into the house to save a dog and her five 3-week-old puppies. Doc Barichio was treated for lacerations on his hands and arms.

Go back to article