Trial set for Dayton man accused of murdering Carson City man on Super Bowl Sunday
May 16, 2013
The Dayton man accused of killing a Carson City man during a dispute on Super Bowl Sunday pleaded not guilty in district court Tuesday morning and a trial date was set for January.
The trial is set for seven days, from Jan. 13 until Jan. 23, 2014.
Grimes is accused of firing a single shot through James Lay’s chest, puncturing his heart and other organs, before Lay died in front of his Washington Street house around 8:35 p.m. Feb. 3.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016