Trio involved in Silver Springs-to-Carson City chase sought
February 21, 2014
Various law enforcement agencies are looking for three people who fled after a chase that began in Silver Springs and ended in north Carson City, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
According to Trooper Dan Lopez of the Highway Patrol:
A trooper tried to stop the driver of a vehicle that was going in reverse on U.S. Highway 50 in Silver Springs at 11:02 p.m. The driver fled, and the Highway Patrol pursued the vehicle with help from the Lyon County Sheriff's Office.
The Highway Patrol used spikes in an attempt to stop the car, which was abandoned in north Carson City. Two men and two women fled the car there, and law enforcement found one of the women walking on North Carson Street later.
She's offering help in trying to find the driver and hasn't been arrested.
"Even though she was in the vehicle, she was doing nothing wrong," Lopez said.
The Carson City and Washoe County sheriff's offices are assisting in the search. The car, a Dodge sedan, has been towed.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘All I could do was gasp for air’ – Tahoe woman tells of near drowning in Truckee
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- It’s going to be another Big, Bad weekend in Carson City
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Robert Freeman wins 50-miler at Carson City Off-Road; Lance Armstrong 4th