Turkey round-up Friday at Mike’s Pharmacy
November 21, 2013
Mike's Pharmacy, 1007 N. Curry St., will hold its 15th annual Turkey Round-Up to benefit The Salvation Army from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday.
The Carson City Salvation Army distributes hundreds of Thanksgiving dinners through agencies such as F.I.S.H., Ron Wood Family Resource Center, Douglas County Food Bank, Tahoe Community Food Bank and Washoe Valley Food Bank.
Last weekend, Ed's Doghouse, Whiskey Tavern and Twisted Spoke collected 91 turkeys; 1,400 more turkeys are sought to meet the need of all the families that have registered for help.
Donations by credit card can be made by calling Mike's Pharmacy at 775-841-1400 during the event. For more information, call 775-887-9120 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person