Two Fernley art enthusiasts open new art/decor venue
July 1, 2012
Two local women have combined their artistic and decorating talents to bring a new venue to Fernley.
Glass artist, Brenda Retterer, and wearable sculpture artist, Kady Elson, have set the end of June as the target date for the opening of Twice Nice. The establishment will offer a display of “artful items and refined recyclables.”
Twice Nice is located at 480 E. Main St., Suite 220, (next to The Electric Sun Day Spa and Salon). Planned business hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week.
The co-owners of Twice Nice expect to offer merchandise for everyone and every budget in their establishment. Their new venture will provide upscale, high-end, quality home decor and art as well as smaller gift items and accessories.
“It’s an opportunity for patrons to find those special pieces that sets their home interiors off and gives them pleasure and enjoyment to be around,” said Elson.
An artist for more than 20 years, Brenda Retterer specializes in glass art which will be available as tables and other unique pieces.
Kady Elson has designed and created wearable sculpture for over two years. It is oftentimes bold and always exclusive and exceptional. She travels the western states participating in Fine Art Shows where she and her wearable art are well received.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts