Two winter storms expected
February 25, 2014
The first of two coming winter storms is expected to move into the region this afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.
Snow accumulation is supposed to be 10-18 inches in upper elevations and 3-8 inches at the Lake Tahoe level. Rain is expected in western Nevada on Thursday, with stronger showers potentially lowering snow levels to valley floors.
The second storm expected to arrive Friday night into Saturday. The NWS says this storm is expected to bring another foot or more of snow to the upper elevations. Snow is expected in the Tahoe Basin.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water