Unknown emergency halts showings at Galaxy cineplex in Carson City
February 14, 2013
Audiences at the Galaxy Fandango cineplex in Carson City had their afternoon viewing interrupted when lights flashed in the 12 viewing rooms and a voice urged everyone to evacuate because of a fire in the building.
The patrons, about 70 in all, at first were confused but slowly filed out. They milled around in front of the theater along with Galaxy staffers until an unidentified assistant manager came out and said there was no fire, but that screenings would be interrupted. She handed out yellow rain checks to those with ticket stubs.
Carson City fire trucks showed up but did not remain on the scene.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts