Unknown emergency halts showings at Galaxy cineplex in Carson City
February 14, 2013
Audiences at the Galaxy Fandango cineplex in Carson City had their afternoon viewing interrupted when lights flashed in the 12 viewing rooms and a voice urged everyone to evacuate because of a fire in the building.
The patrons, about 70 in all, at first were confused but slowly filed out. They milled around in front of the theater along with Galaxy staffers until an unidentified assistant manager came out and said there was no fire, but that screenings would be interrupted. She handed out yellow rain checks to those with ticket stubs.
Carson City fire trucks showed up but did not remain on the scene.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat