Victorian Grille opens inside Carson’s Horseshoe Club
February 10, 2013
Chef James’ Victorian Grille recently opened at The Downtown Carson Horseshoe Club.
James Tjeltveit, with his partner and fiancee, Danielle Bodine, have opened the restaurant inside the Horseshoe Club.
Tjeltveit, a resident of Nevada since 1968, was first inspired by his mom and grandmother and has been cooking up great food for more than 38 years. After serving as a sergeant in the Army, Tjeltveit graduated from the Bay Area Culinary Institute and trained under the famous Chef Paul Purdome of Louisiana. He is a former executive chef at the Carson Nugget, chef at the Reno Hilton and Doppelgangers in Gardnerville.
“We have been looking for some time for the perfect place to open our own grill,” said Tjeltveit. “The Horseshoe Casino is in the heart of the Downtown area and the owners have made us feel so welcome and have worked with us to make this dream come true.”
The menu includes daily specials, soups, salads, signature sandwiches, pastas and steaks.
Later this month, Tjeltveit will open the Victorian Coffee and Sweets Emporium also located in the Horseshoe Club, offering espressos, beignets, pies, ice cream and an assortment of goodies. The late spring will have them serving up his tasty dishes and treats in Downtown Carson City’s unique and charming “Back Alley.”
The Victorian Grille is open 6 a.m. to midnight inside the Horseshoe Club, 402 N. Carson St.
For more information, call 775-461-0408.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat