Volunteers needed for fish rescue
August 19, 2008
The California Department of Fish and Game will be performing a fish rescue operation at Caples Lake, scheduled to begin on Tuesday, Aug. 26.
The California Sportfishing Protection Alliance and Trout Unlimited are organizing volunteer support for the rescue. Volunteers must complete the on-line application at http://www.calsport.org/caplesapp.htm and submit it by midnight today, Aug. 19.
The rescue is part of a comprehensive fish rescue and restocking program that Fish and Game and El Dorado Irrigation District (District) have developed cooperatively to address the impacts of the District’s emergency repairs to the Caples Lake Dam outlet works.
If anyone has difficulty completing the on-line form, they can submit the requested information via e-mail to email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Carson City receives an inch of rain overnight
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Advocate says deregulating Nevada energy market will benefit even small customers