V&T Railway reconstruction commission meets Monday
March 24, 2013
The Nevada Commission for the Reconstruction of the V&T Railway is scheduled to meet Monday in the Carson City Community Center.
The 2 p.m. meeting is in the center’s Bonanza Room and is expected to include consideration of a contractual arrangement called a train operation services agreement, according to Kevin Ray, project coordinator.
The process no longer involves the Carson City Convention and Visitors Bureau, which formerly was involved through a separate track-use agreement, Ray said.
The commission might hear from Kim Fegert, project manager for the Gold Hill Historical Society. She questions aspects of the contract under consideration, saying in a news release that the pact could dash the Historical Society’s hopes and plans for historic preservation and economic development.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016