Warm Springs Correctional Center remains locked down
June 19, 2013
Warm Springs Correctional Center remained locked down Wednesday following a fight between rival gangs.
The fight occurred Tuesday afternoon in Housing Unit 4 at the prison, which is located just east of the old, now closed Nevada State Prison on Fifth Street.
Deputy Director of Corrections E.K. McDaniel said one inmate was transported by Care Flight to Renown Medical Center in Reno for treatment of multiple stab wounds to the upper body. He was listed in stable condition.
A second inmate was transported to Carson Tahoe Hospital with minor injuries suffered during the fight.
McDaniel said the institution remains on "controlled movement" pending the results of the investigation into the fight.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts