Washoe County bus overturns; driver, student suffer minor injuries
October 23, 2012
A Washoe County bus overturned Monday afternoon after a black Jetta steered into the back of the bus, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
The bus was carrying only one, a 3-year-old girl. Neither the girl nor the driver suffered more than minor injuries according to the NHP. They were both transported to Renown Health by ambulance.
Two of the three north-bound lanes were shut down for an hour and a half and everything was reopened buy 2:10 p.m.
The driver of the black Jetta, Pedro Ortega, 64, was given a citation for failure to maintain a travel lane.
When the Jetta steered to the left, the bus exited the roadway, went into the dirt median and overturned, NHP said.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the accident.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016