Washoe County bus overturns; driver, student suffer minor injuries
October 23, 2012
A Washoe County bus overturned Monday afternoon after a black Jetta steered into the back of the bus, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
The bus was carrying only one, a 3-year-old girl. Neither the girl nor the driver suffered more than minor injuries according to the NHP. They were both transported to Renown Health by ambulance.
Two of the three north-bound lanes were shut down for an hour and a half and everything was reopened buy 2:10 p.m.
The driver of the black Jetta, Pedro Ortega, 64, was given a citation for failure to maintain a travel lane.
When the Jetta steered to the left, the bus exited the roadway, went into the dirt median and overturned, NHP said.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the accident.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’